Meeting for Worship
FROM 1 MAY 2022 WE ARE TRYING OUT A NEW WAY OF HOLDING QUAKER MEETINGS AT SUTTON SO YOU CAN CHOOSE HOW YOU JOIN US
1. You are welcome to join us IN PERSON at the Meeting House for Meeting for Worship every Sunday, 10:30 to 11:30. No need to pre-book. We ask you to wear a mask while you are in the building, except when having tea or coffee after Meeting. The room will be well-ventilated and chairs are spaced out.
2. If you would like to join us for Meeting for Worship but would rather stay AT HOME, you are welcome to join us on Zoom on the first and third Sundays of the month, using the log-in details below. On these occasions we will have ‘blended Meeting‘, with a Zoom link between the Meeting House and those worshipping online. You can join by telephone if you don’t have a suitable computer.
3. In the weeks when we don’t have ‘blended Meeting’, we are arranging a separate Zoom-only Meeting for Worship, lasting 30 – 45 minutes, at another time. If you want to join this, please phone the Clerk of the Meeting on 020 8641 2242 to find out the timing and the Zoom code, which will be different from the one shown below.
Zoom Details for 1st and 3rd Sunday mornings
You can arrive anytime after about 10:15 and have a short chat particularly if it’s your first time among Quakers. We want you to feel really welcome and not apprehensive in any way. Meeting for Worship will begin at 10.30 am. We suggest you mute your microphone to prevent any background noise disturbing others and un-mute it if you wish to speak; what we call ministering to the gathered Meeting. We will have Notices at about 11.30am followed by time for those online to chat to one another.
Joining Us on Zoom
There are a number of ways to join us on Zoom:
1. If you have a Zoom compatible computer, tablet or smartphone with a camera, microphone and speakers, you can join us by:
a) Clicking on the link:
b) You can download free Zoom software on your computer (https://zoom.us/support/download) or download the Zoom app on your tablet and smartphone. By clicking the ‘Join’ icon, you can join us by adding the Meeting ID:
817 5529 3978
There is a waiting room, but no password is needed.
You can add your name on Zoom to let everyone know who you are.
2. If you would just like to join us by phone, you can ring any of the following numbers:
When prompted key in the Meeting ID:
817 5529 3978 followed by the # key
For ‘Enter Participant ID’, just press #
We normally mute our phones or computing device to prevent disturbing others with background noise. Remember to unmute your phone or microphone if you wish to speak.